PaintCare Program Coordinator for Colorado
PaintCare seeks a qualified candidate to assist with administering the paint stewardship program in Colorado. This position is remote, located in Colorado, and requires a significant amount of in-field work to coordinate the activities of the PaintCare program for a portion of the state.
PaintCare is committed to making it easy and convenient for households, businesses, and institutions to recycle postconsumer (leftover) paint in states with paint stewardship laws. A nonprofit organization created by paint manufacturers, PaintCare sets up drop-off locations for leftover paint, arranges for recycling and proper disposal, and conducts public education. PaintCare has managed more than 66 million gallons of paint, stain, and varnish in 10 states and the District of Columbia. For additional information, visit www.paintcare.org, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram @WeRecyclePaint.
- Responsible for overseeing PaintCare operations within an assigned region. This will require regular in-person visits to paint retailers and reuse stores, local government household hazardous waste (HHW) programs, and other solid waste facilities, including transfer stations, landfills, and recycling centers.
- Provide excellent customer service by establishing relationships and regularly contacting participating paint retail stores, local government partners, and other program stakeholders to troubleshoot and ensure satisfaction with the PaintCare program.
- Identify potential paint drop-off sites for recruitment. Explain how to become a PaintCare drop-off site and evaluate suitability for partnering with PaintCare.
- Set up new paint drop-off sites by overseeing the onboarding process, which includes contracting, providing on-site training, and coordinating paint collection and transportation services.
- Arrange transportation services from temporary HHW events, plan and facilitate PaintCare-hosted collection and paint giveaway events, and process large volume pick-up requests from painting contractors, businesses, and other organizations.
- Hand deliver point-of-sale and outreach materials to potential and current drop-off sites. Monitor the use and usability of materials by sites; place sign and other point-of-sale material orders and follow up with sites to ensure delivery and use.
- Be a highly visible resource in the region for connecting the public with paint reuse and recycling opportunities. This may include participating in community events such as Earth Day.
- Make presentations to small and large groups (e.g., home shows, conferences, trade associations).
- Attend local, state, and national stakeholder meetings and conferences.
- Provide local knowledge and insight to our internal communications team to improve regional community engagement initiatives.
- Maintain a computer database of drop-off site information and generate reports as needed.
- Review and approve invoices for paint collection supplies, transportation, and processing services.
- Report to Colorado Program Manager.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with and/or knowledge of product stewardship programs, laws, and organizations.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of hazardous waste programs, services, and handling. Or local government HHW collection programs and services.
- Familiarity with paint products and their applications.
- Familiarity and comfort with paint users, particularly trade painters, contractors, paint retailers, and property managers.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of retail operations and communications, including big box, chain, franchise, co-op, and independent stores.
- Experience with public speaking, training, and/or making presentations.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently from home.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the state to recruit sites, train retail staff, and distribute outreach materials. Occasional travel to Washington D.C. and other locations in the U.S. for training, conferences, or meetings is required.
- Ability to receive and store bulk orders of point-of-sale materials, conference supplies, a booth kit, and other outreach materials for distribution to sites or use at conferences and events.
- Proficiency with computers and typical office software.
- Valid state driver’s license required.
Location and Travel
This position is in Colorado, and ideally in Colorado Springs or the Western Slope region of the state. The employee will work remotely from home. Extensive travel throughout Colorado will be required to visit drop-off sites and meet with local stakeholders. Overnight travel time will vary and may exceed 25% of the time.
Employment, Salary, and Benefits
This is a full-time, regular position. Salary is dependent on experience, but on estimate can range from $62,000 to $81,000. PaintCare, through the ACA, provides generous compensation, benefits [401(k), vacation days, medical, dental, and life insurance], and reimbursement for travel expenses.
Diversity & Inclusion
PaintCare is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
To apply for this position, please visit https://american-coatings-association.breezy.hr/. Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your motivations for applying and your salary requirements. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.