Community Engagement Manager
The community engagement manager is responsible for developing and implementing PaintCare’s integrated strategy for engaging with and educating diverse communities about paint stewardship. They will research, write, implement, and manage diverse community engagement plans to be deployed across all states and districts where PaintCare operates paint stewardship programs. Plans should include a variety of tactics and activities including in-person meetings, print media, digital campaigns, social media activation, deploying face-to-face outreach teams, and other forms of communications. The position is part of PaintCare’s communications department and reports to the director of communications.
PaintCare is committed to making it easy and convenient for households, businesses, and institutions to recycle postconsumer (leftover) paint in states with paint stewardship laws. A nonprofit organization created by paint manufacturers, PaintCare sets up drop-off locations for leftover paint, arranges for recycling and proper disposal, and conducts public education. More than 50 million gallons of paint, stain, and varnish have been managed by PaintCare in 10 states and the District of Columbia. For additional information, visit www.paintcare.org, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter @WeRecyclePaint.
• Create and implement a national diverse community engagement plan for PaintCare centered on paint recycling and reuse education:
• Represent the organization at community group meetings and public & private events
• Schedule and staff informational tables at public events
• Contribute regularly to the organization’s social media presence maintaining a high standard for writing, and quality of information
• Make presentations to small and large groups (e.g., community organizations, trade associations, internal staff teams)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Expertise and 10 years of experience in community engagement work
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with public speaking, training and/or making presentations
• Experience with and/or knowledge of recycling and environmental stewardship
• Ability to work independently, prioritize projects and tasks, multi-task, and participate as an effective team member
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to set priorities and limits in order to accomplish tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing needs
• Proficiency with computers and office software
• Proficiency in languages additional to English preferred
• Willingness to travel extensively
Location and Travel
This position is located at ACA headquarters in Washington, DC and will operate within a hybrid work environment (working both onsite and remotely). Travel throughout the U.S. will be required to meet with local partners and program staff, and to attend meetings. Overnight travel time will vary and may amount to 40% of hours at some times.
Employment, Salary and Benefits
This is a full time, regular position. Salary depends on experience. PaintCare, through the ACA, provides generous benefits [401(k), vacation days, medical, dental, and life insurance] and reimbursement for travel expenses.
Diversity & Inclusion
PaintCare is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
To apply for this position, please visit https://american-coatings-association.breezy.hr/. Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your motivations for applying and your salary requirement. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.