PaintCare seeks a Communications Associate to support public education and communications activities as part of its communications team.
PaintCare is committed to making it easy and convenient for households, businesses, and institutions to recycle postconsumer (leftover) paint in states with paint stewardship laws. A nonprofit organization created by paint manufacturers, PaintCare sets up drop-off locations for leftover paint, arranges for recycling and proper disposal, and conducts public education. More than 50 million gallons of paint, stain, and varnish have been managed by PaintCare in 10 states and the District of Columbia. For additional information, visit www.paintcare.org, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter @WeRecyclePaint.
· Editing, writing, and word processing
· Support advertising and media relations campaigns
· Develop, implement, and manage promotional campaigns for PaintCare paint drop-off events in several U.S. states
· Research topics to support public outreach campaigns
· Document and report preparation
· Report to colleagues and stakeholders on campaign performance
· Support outreach activities to retailers, associations, and interest groups
· Assist with development of web and social media content
· Perform additional duties as needed
Skills and Qualifications
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams), internet browsers
· Experience with project management and proficiency with project management software (e.g., Redbooth, Trello, Smartsheet, etc.)
· Proficiency with using cloud-based software platforms for work activities (e.g., Box.com, Bill.com, etc.)
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite programs is preferred
· Ability to work independently
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
· Ability to occasionally travel for team meetings and program events
· Interest in environmental issues and the goals of the PaintCare program
Location and Travel
This position is located in Washington, D.C. in an office/remote hybrid environment.
All ACA employees hired after November 3, 2021, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start date of their employment or obtain an approved accommodation or exemption, as may be provided for under applicable law. An offer for employment for this position will be conditioned on the selected candidate providing documentation to evidence his/her vaccination status or to evidence his/her eligibility for an approved medical, religious, or other exemption or accommodation.
Employment, Salary & Benefits
This is a full time, regular position. Salary depends on experience. PaintCare, through the ACA, provides generous benefits [401(k), vacation days, medical, dental, and life insurance] and reimbursement for travel expenses.
Diversity & Inclusion
PaintCare is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
To apply for this position please visit https://american-coatings-association.breezy.hr/. Please submit a resume, cover letter stating your motivations for applying, and your salary requirement. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.